Friday, February 15, 2013

Cornbread Cupcake with Honey Buttercream Frosting!

Every year my church does a Chili Cookoff in the fall. And every year I strive to make the best chili for the judges (some local firemen)...and lose. So this year I decided to do something completely different and made a Cornbread Cupcake with Honey Buttercream Frosting. They were SO GOOD!

Once again, I didn't take pictures. I swear I won't do that anymore! So let me paint a "word picture" for you. These little A-Cups weren't just a piece of cornbread. It was definitely a light, fluffy "cornbread cupcake"! I don't know about you, but I really like my cornbread with some butter and honey on top. So I made up my own recipe and created a Honey Buttercream Frosting! Perfection! THEN (yes, there's a "then"), then I dusted the cupcake with Chili Powder!!! It was one, maybe two bites of cornbread, honey, chili goodness!!

I proudly took my Cornbread Cupcakes to the Chili Cookoff, where everyone devoured them, and ranted and raved about how amazing they were. And guess what?! There were no judges this year.

1 comment: